There are approximately 50 million bowlers in the United States. Thirty-three percent are adult women; 32 percent are adult men; and the rest are teens or children. So it’s safe to say that bowling is a popular sport across all age groups.
This post from your favorite bowling alley will cover a few of the reasons why so many people love to bowl:
- No equipment required: While many serious bowlers invest in their own balls, shirts and shoes, equipment is not required to go bowling. Your chosen bowling alley already has everything you need on-site—all you need to do is show up and get ready to roll.
- Bowling is affordable: Bowling is also one of the most affordable sports for the whole family. As we just mentioned, you don’t need to buy any expensive equipment. Renting a lane for an hour or two is also inexpensive compared to many other sports and activities.
- It’s available anytime: Most bowling alleys are open at all hours of the day. Whether you want to bring the family in for a daytime birthday party or you’re in a weeknight bowling league, there will be a lane open for you. At Sparetimes, we’re open until at least 11:00 PM each day of the week, so there’s always a time for you to come in and play a few games.
- Anyone can do it: There aren’t too many sports out there that can be played by the whole family. Balls come in a wide variety of sizes, so anyone from a small child to an elderly grandparent can pick one up. Special accommodations can also be made for younger or older bowlers who might otherwise have some trouble getting the ball down the lane.
- Bowling is perfect for groups: If you’re trying to plan a get-together with friends or family you haven’t seen in a while, consider going bowling. It’s the ideal sport to accommodate large groups of all ages and skill levels.
- You can eat and drink while playing: A night at the bowling alley wouldn’t be complete without some nachos, wings or pizza. You don’t need to wait until after your game is over, either. Just sit down after your turn and dig into your food for a few minutes. At Sparetimes, we have a large menu full of everyone’s favorite food and drinks.
- It allows for healthy competition: There’s nothing wrong with having some friendly competition every once in a while, and bowling is the perfect game for it. Place a friendly wager with someone else in your party to take the fun up a notch. If you’re really competitive, consider joining one of our bowling leagues!
Book your lane at Sparetimes
Don’t delay any longer—get out there and start bowling at Sparetimes. With 32 lanes, a pro shop and a full menu with tasty food and cold beverages, we’re the best bowling alley around. Stop by and play a few games or give us a call to book your next bowling party.
Categorised in: Bowling